2016 Traveltip 20 - Hotel Special Waterton Lakes NP, AB - Reistip 2016 tip 20
- Diverse scenic auto ritjes
- Red Rock Canyon
- Tochtje met een boot maken op Waterton Lake en dan aan de overkant een wandeling naar de gletsjer maken.
What's New at Waterton National Park.
- The Lakeside Chophouse has undergone a major renovation and brought in a new chef, Chef Brian Long. The Chef and his new team are serving some amazing food this summer. Waterton has a new Yogurt Shop. Mountain Top Yogurt promises to delight!
- After a two year hiatus the Original Waterton Lakes Opera House is back showing new feature movies in their character filled theater!
- The "Teenie Weenie Theatre", a children's theatre program for ages 3 and up, will have primary use of the Lions Hall for May- September. This will be a day camp style program, with lunch provided by Wiener's of Waterton, and no parents allowed! Get the details
- Blackiston & Co Paddle board and Kayak rentals. Find mysterious hidden coves and spectacular mountain views that are hidden gems only experienced from the water. Watch a bald eagle soar overhead and see bears in their natural habitat. From your vantage point on your paddle board or kayak, a new Waterton is at your fingertips. Stop. Reflect. And enjoy this unique and beautiful experience.
- Waterton food Festival - May 27th - June 6th . The Waterton Food Festival is a culinary celebration showcasing local talent and artistry. Test your taste buds while also drinking in the magical beauty of the Rocky Mountains. Awaken all of your senses during this festival. Not only do you get to fill your stomach with amazing food, you also get to fill your soul with memories that will last forever. www.mywaterton.ca
- Wildflower Festival - June 19th-24th . We invite you to step into a wildflower wonderland, a veritable bouquet of wildflowers in the wildflower capital of Canada. The spectacular setting of Waterton Lakes National Park is home to more than 1,000 vascular plant species including half of all wildflower species found in Alberta. Of those, 175 species are listed as rare in Alberta and 20 are only found in Waterton. more info www.mywaterton.ca
Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa opens April 29th
Lakeside Chophouse opens April 29th
Fireside Lounge & Wine Bar opens April 29th
Starbucks Bistro opens April 29th
Golf Course opens April 29th (weather depending)
Shoreline Cruises opens April 29th
Waterton Food Festival May 27th - June 6th
Wildflower Festival June 19th - 26th
Live Music in Waterton
Fireside Lounge & Wine Bar
Alyssa McQuaid - April 29 & 30
Adam Scotten - May 6 & 7
James Oldenburg - May 13 & 14, 20 & 21
Lindsey Walker - May 27 & 28
Thirsty Bear Saloon opens for the season on May 19